Thursday, April 2, 2020

Reivew: My Fake Rake

My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)* First Book in a New Series *
Lady Grace hasn't desired to part of social scene after her debut season didn't go well years ago. Now she's happy studying herpetology and being known as a bluestocking. After her father urges her to marry for security, she can't help but wish fellow scientist would notice her. He seems happy talking to her as a collogue, but not as a woman.

When she shares her concern with a friend, he has a suggestion. Lady Grace needs to have another man interested in her. Sebastian allows her to transform him into a rake, helps him change his demeanor, and flirts with him in public. As they pretend to be interested in each other, Grace can't help but see her friend in a new light.
My Thoughts: I loved this book and can't wait to more in this series. I loved the Rake lessons, I think they are the new Princess lessons. I loved Sebastian. I loved Lady Grace and how she refused to hide her intelligence and her interest of reptiles in the ballroom. I loved the easy way they conversed about all things. I loved Sebastian's friends. This is my first book by Eva Leigh, but it won't be my last.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your public libraries!

No comments: