Thursday, December 19, 2019

Christmas Book Review: 10 Blind Dates


10 Blind DatesSophie's heading to her grandparents for the Christmas vacation while her parents visit her very pregnant sister. On her way to her family, she stops off at a party to tell her boyfriend the good news. Only she overhears him telling his best friend that this break will be good for them - that Sophie's no longer fun.

They break up.  Sophie's family comes to the rescue. Nonna comes up with an idea to get her mind off her troubles. The family will create 10 blind dates for her over the vacation - minus Christmas Eve and Christmas. Some of the dates are sweet, some are horrific, and some are wildly entertaining.

They do their job - Sophie's mind is off Griffin. She's having too much fun being back with her cousins. But will the dates help her find love?

My Thoughts: I loved this book! I loved the big family. I loved how Sophie texted with her sister. I love how Sophie started to find herself again. I loved her relationship with her Nonna. I loved all the food and all the eating. This book made me want to go out for Italian food. I loved the blind dates (Especially date number 2 and the bowling date). I cried with laughter at date number 2. I loved reading about Charlie, Olivia, and Wes and their friendship. This book was filled with lots of sweet and funny moments. I didn't want it to end, but I did love the ending.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Highly Recommended for your school and public libraries.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm happy you loved this one, too! :)