Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Book Review: Miracle on 5th Avenue


* Book 3 in the From Manhattan with Love series *
Eva's having a hard time with Christmas this year after the loss of her grandmother. She struggling to find happiness. Since both of her friends are happy in new relationships, she doesn't want to burden them with her loneliness.

She's tasked to fill up a writer's freezer and decorate his apartment since he's at a writing retreat. Only he's not at a retreat, he's hiding from the world. Plus he's not happy about Eva descending on his apartment.

However since the snow is falling rapidly and since he doesn't want to tell his grandmother that he's actually at home, he allows her to stay. Which works well for him as she becomes his muse for his book. With her in the apartment, his words start flowing. His deadline now might be possible if only he can convince Eva to stay with him.
My Thoughts: I adored this book. I felt terrible for Eva in the previous two books as she struggled with her inner self about how to handle her grandmother's death and her friend's new happily ever afters. I enjoyed her banter with Lucas. I love that she was his muse - especially how the muse turned out. I loved how they could help each other grief because they both lost someone close to them. I loved the memories with Eva and her grandmother. It made me miss my grandmother. I didn't want to put this book down! And I'm so glad more is coming in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended purchase for all public libraries.

No comments: