Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Book Review: Deck the Hallways


* Book 4 in the Fixer-Upper Mystery series *
Shannon's having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, but working on the Forester House project where she's in charge of carving up a beautiful Victorian home into 10 apartments for homeless folks. The apartments will be ready just before Christmas. It's a lot of work just organizing all the workers and the volunteers.

But when a man from the bank is found on site, murdered with her father's tools, it's enough to make anyone feel like Scrooge - especially since this man could get under anyone's skin. The list of suspects grows by the minute.

Shannon knows her father isn't a murderer, but proving it will take time. Plus with the house a crime scene, it puts everyone further behind schedule. Can the house be finished and a murdered caught in time for Christmas?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this installment of the series. I loved how the whole town pitched in to help create these apartments. It was so thoughtful and heartwarming. I loved the Santa brigade and how they came dressed to impress. I liked learning more about Shannon's father. I didn't like the romance turn in this book, but I'm glad things changed. I adored the teenage girls and their helpfulness. The moments with the baby made me tear up. Another winner in this great series; I can't wait to read more. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Purchase for this series for your cozy collection, it's unique and entertaining. 

No comments: