Monday, April 4, 2016

Adult Review: Friends We Keep

 * Book 2 in the Mischief Bay series * 
Nicole's coming to terms with her divorce. But what she can't swallow is the fact that her husband seems to cancel plans with his son more often than not. If Eric's not careful, he's going to damage his relationship with Tyler. When Tyler meets the author of his favorite books, he's more interested in hanging out with Jairus than his own father.

Hayley is desperate to have a baby of her own, but her body's rejecting that idea. Devastated, she's determined to do whatever she can, despite her doctor and her husband's wishes.

Gabby's anxious for her twin daughters to head off to school for the first time, so she can return to work. When her teenage stepdaughter becomes pregnant, it turns the whole household upside down.

These three friends deal with all the drama in their lives while supporting each other.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this sequel. Nicole seems to be the center of this series. Each of the women had big changes in her life. I really liked how the relationship with Nicole and Jairus progressed. I loved learning more about Jairus and his past, including his relationship with his sister. Hayley annoyed me at first with her illogical behavior, but she grew on me towards the end. I think I liked Gabby's story the best - with her stepdaughter and the twins. I wasn't a fan of her husband through most of the book. But her twin daughters were entertaining and sweet, and of course a little wild. I'm interested to see where this series goes next.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

No comments: