Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: Divided We Fall

Danny wanted to serve his country like his father who died fighting for freedom. One night after helping win a football game, Danny's National Guard Unit is called to Boise to help keep a protest under control.

Things get out of hand and Danny accidentally fires a shot. Soon others return fire and people start dying. What started out as a mob scene now turns into a disaster.

The country's divided. Half the people - including the President want the Idaho Guard punished. The Governor isn't about to give up those names - even under threats.

The Governor doesn't support the President's plan for federal ID cards, which would contain plenty of personal information - including a locator chip.  With the two of them at odds, the country and the state governments butt heads, creating a time of tension and probably war.
My Thoughts: A great military thriller that could happen in the near future - making it a terrifying and very interesting read.  I felt horrible for Danny - for being stuck between a rock and a hard place and how he had to attempt to keep his actions a secret. I liked that he had a support team, even though some of their motives were questionable. I wasn't crazy about most of his friends, but I did admire their loyalty. I had mixed feelings about JoBell. I hated her for most of the book, but every now and then she would surprise me.  A great premise but not a world I'd want to live in. I didn't realize this was the beginning of a trilogy when I started reading it and now after that cliff hanger, I need the next book! 

Cover Thoughts: Awesome
Source: ARC

No comments: