Friday, April 19, 2013

Mini Review: Here's to You, Rachel Robinson

*Sequel to Just as Long as We're Together *

Rachel's back together with her BFF Stephanie and their new friend Alison. Things are mostly normal between the three of them. Then Rachel's brother comes home expectantly. He's been kicked out of school. Charles isn't happy to be home and he's making his feelings obvious. It's hard for Rachel to be in the same room with him. She's trying to make the best of things, as always, but with so much going on, she's beginning to crack under the pressure.

The Good: I LOVED Just as Long as We're Together - I read that as a teen over and over again. It wasn't until college that I learned there was a sequel - but I was too afraid to read it. What if I didn't like it....that was just silly. Of course I liked the book. I liked revisiting old favorite characters. It was different coming from Rachel's perspective but I liked learning more about her. She's serious, determined, and smart. Part of me both liked and hated the ending. I wanted more. I think there should be book from Alison's POV!

The Bad: The covers (both this one and the old hardcover) are terrible - which is unfortunate.

No comments: