Friday, April 5, 2013

Adult Review: Sand Castle Bay

 * first in a new trilogy *

Emily left home years ago to make her way as an interior designer. She's sought after now, but her personal life is in shambles. When a hurricane hits the east coast, she hurries home to help her grandmother fix up her restaurant.

Heading to the town where she spent her summers with her sisters is bittersweet. She's stayed away for years - all because of a bad break up that rocked her to her core.

She thought she was going to marry Boone - one day. After she made a name for her self. He refused to wait and married someone else instead. As soon as Emily arrives, she learns that his wife died last year, leaving him and a son behind.

Could it be a time for second chances?

My Thoughts: I'm a HUGE Sherryl Woods fan -so naturally, I had this one on hold at the library. I love how she writes about families - weaving them into series and making them seem so real. It's like falling into your best friends' life. I loved the matchmaking and the meddling from Emily's grandmother. I loved the teasing moments between the three sisters - their relationship isn't perfect, but it feels like it's coming together. I loved B.J. - he was sweet, funny, and full of energy. Boone was so protective of his son, that it just made me smile. I loved the tension and the chemistry between Boone and Emily - a sweet, confusing romance. A fabulous start to a summer trilogy.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library

No comments: