Thursday, April 11, 2013

Adult Review: If You Give a Rake a Ruby

 * Book 2 in a trilogy - looking back I guess I didn't review the first one, but I loved it! *


Fallon, the Marchioness of Mystery, is part of the three diamonds. Together these women are the top courtesans of society - even if they aren't what they seem. Fallon hopes that no one discovers her past, but when she enters her room one night, she unfortunately discovers that's not the case. 

She's blackmailed into helping Warrick Fitzhugh, a spy for the Foreign Office, uncover who wants to kill him and others like him. He has a lead on the man who carried out the previous attempts- Fallon's father. He just needs the man behind the plan. 

Fallon thought she killed her father. She's sorry he's still alive. She's sorry she has to face him. Mostly she's sorry she has to face her past and come to terms with it. She's hoping to come out of this nightmare unscathed and most especially with her heart intact.
My Thoughts: I loved this book - I love the secrets of the Three Diamonds and how society views them. I enjoyed finding out more about Fallon's past. I felt horrible for her past, but loved how she changed her future. She's a strong, feisty, smart woman. My heart broke for Warrick - his past, night nightmares, and his family situation. I found him strong, smart, and skilled at spy work. I'm more than curious about Lily's storm - the Countess of Charm. If you like Julia Quinn's novels - read this series! 

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: My Library
Up Next:  Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend coming in March of 2014


No comments: