Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: Scarlet Pepper

 * 2nd in the White House Gardner Mystery, read my review for Flowerbed of State *

Casey's busy getting the organic garden ready for the big event with the First Lady and local schools. Someone doesn't want this event to run smoothly.

First, there's tons of new changes including a new celebrity guest who just might want to take over Casey's job.  Next a reporter's been writing about the garden, claiming it's not organic. When he ends up murdered, in a garden, Casey becomes a suspect. Third, someone's been tapering with gardens. At first, Casey think it's a practical joke. But there's no one on staff that would take a joke that far.

Can Casey solve the murder and host the perfect garden party?

My Thoughts: I really like this series. I love how Casey isn't perfect and I'm so curious about her past. I like how it her parents resurface and cause tension in her life. I like the tension causes her to push and pull Jack from her.  I love the romantic moments between her and Jack.


While I don't garden, I like reading about what they're doing in the garden, whether it's with volunteers, or the weeding, or the planting. I find it enjoyable. 


I like the various White House staff - even the prickly ones.  I adore Milo. 


I'm looking forward to many more of this series!


Cover Thoughts: Perfect!


Source: My Library.

No comments: