Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Flowerbed of State

Just before her presentation to the First Lady making gardens Casey tempts fate by pulling a few weeds in the flower beds. Before she knows it, she is lying face down in the mud and doesn't remember much of the attack.

When a man comes over, she attacks him with her home-made pepper spray. Unfortunately, Jake Turner's part of the elite branch of Secret Service. After securing Casey, they are enroute to the White House for a debriefing when the uncover a body of a young woman

She's involved with the big bank deal going on at White House. Casey's co-worker admits to dating her. He begs Casey to help figure out the murderer. Casey's willing to help, but she doesn't have many details from the attack. Still she does her best to put two and two together. What information she doesn't have, she digs up.


My Thoughts: I loved this book. I loved the gardening aspect at the White House. I loved the relationship between Casey and her housemate. I Loved the relationship between Casey and Jake - it was snark, sarcastic, full of tension, and has the potential to turn into an amazing romance. I loved learning more about the White House. The puppy was an adorable touch. My heart pounded through all the danger scenes. A wonderful start to a new series and I can't wait to read more.


Cover Thoughts: I really like the cover, especially the damaged flowers.


Source: Inter-Library Loan


Fun Cross Over: I had a giggle when Casey mentioned the White House Chef as it made me think of White House Chef mysteries (starting with State of the Onion)

No comments: