Friday, June 3, 2011
10 Things: Recap of BEA
Last week on Tuesday and Wednesday I was lucky enough to attend BEA. I traveled with a fellow librarian from my library. We had a plan - but traffic once again played a little part in the trip. We were delayed an hour and thus missed a few signings. For the next two days, I waited in lines - chatting with various people, talked with many awesome authors I already knew, talked with several awesome new authors, stopped two authors in the middle of the floor like a complete fangirl, talked with publishers about upcoming titles, talked with people in the lines - book bloggers and librarians alike, and have two stacks of books I can't wait to read.
1. I scored Uncommon Criminals - which I'm reading and it's AMAZING. Plus Ally Carter said she likes my blog!
2. I didn't make the cut for the Harlequin Teen signing - which I really wanted to see great authors, but as I wandered away (after taking pictures), I stumbled upon Christoper Paolini signing Inheritance posters. I snagged one.
3. I saw Mike Holmes - I didn't get to meet him because his line was crazy long, but he looked so charming and sweet.
4. Seeing all the new books coming out and all the hype for the books!
5. Hanging out with Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Sarah Beth Durst, and Melanie from the blog Reclusive Blogger
6. I stopped Maureen Johnson in a booth. She was so sweet and after reading my name tag - she said that she knew my name.
7. Meeting Richelle Mead - even though I acted like a complete fan girl.
8. Seeing and meeting so many authors: Ridley Pearson, Harlan Coben, Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, Ally Condie, Mary Jane Clark, Susan Mallery - just to name a few.
9. I went with Amanda from my library - we went to the Hard Rock Cafe and then Toys R Us before collapsing from exhaustion
10. The best part is I have new books for the library and prizes for teens for the summer reading program. My library doesn't spend much money on summer prizes for Teens, but I love getting books for them!!!!
11. Having so many great books to read and share with teens and other librarians!!!!!