Thursday, March 4, 2010

Review: Match Made in High School

The principal rocks the senior class when she announces they must take part in a mandatory fake marriage class. Fiona must "marry" her arch nemesis boyfriend's Todd. During the marriage ceremony, Todd pranks Fiona humiliating her in front of her entire class. She's so furious that this means war. Luckily her best friend married a super nice guy and the three of them come up with the perfect prank to get him back at the dance.

Todd and Fiona trade pranks back and forth while attempting to participate in the course - which includes holding down a job together and finding a mutual activity. Fiona brings Todd with her to her babysitting gig and Todd makes Fiona join the cheerleading squad as the water girl. In between barbed comments and counseling sessions with the guidance counselor. Will they survive the course without killing each other?


My Thoughts: I've been waiting forever to read this, someone buzzed about it very early - which was great because it captured my attention, but bad because I didn't realize how long I'd have to wait to read it. Still, it was worth the wait. A funny refreshing read about two people coming to a mutual understanding among pranks, friendship drama, and maybe finding the boy of your dreams. Wildly fun fantastic debut!

Cover: fun, flirty, eye catching!

Source: My library

I used this book in one of my 10 in '10 Chick Lit Challenge

No comments: