Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mysterious Saturday Review: If Books Could Kill

Brooklyn heads first class trip to Edinburgh for their well known book fair. On her first there, she takes a walk to clear her head and the inevitable jet lag. She runs into her ex-boyfriend Kyle. He convinces her to have lunch at a pub with him. Then he confides in her about this mysterious book about the royal family, which could spill dangerous secrets about a royal princess. He asks her to authenticate the book and persuades her to keep it safe for him. Brooklyn knows the workings of the bookmaker, but she agrees to run some tests. He receives a mysterious phone call and leaves the pub. Later that night, Brooklyn stumbles across his body. It's clear he's been murdered, but why would someone want to kill him? Could someone know about the book and who did he tell before her? Brooklyn needs to uncover the mystery before her life ends up in danger or worse in jail for a crime she didn't commit.


My Thoughts: I love this series. I adore the bookish aspect and the way books are treasures. This book made me want to go to Scotland in the worst way, just to walk the streets.

The Cover: cute and bookish, which always draws my eye.

The Source: My Library

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Besides the fact that the story looks fun...I love this title!! I may have to pick this one up to read this summer. :)