Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Review: Daddy Long Legs

Judy Abbot is an orphan. One day she's called into the home's office, where she's told a mysterious benefactor has offered her an opportunity to go to college - with the expectations that she write letters to him without expecting an answer. Judy decides immediately to call him Daddy Long Legs. She writes him cheerful letters detailing her life at college: chatting with other girls, making new friends, trying out sports, and discovering books and authors.

My Thoughts: I'd never heard of this book until I read the third book in the Mother-Daughter Book Club - Dear Pen Pal. I decided to try it out. It's a charming book reminiscent of Little Women/Anne of Green Gables. She draws amusing pictures in some of her letters.

Cover: Cute and interesting.

Source: Inter Library Loan (As my library doesn't carry this book)

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I reviewed this one a while back myself. I think I saw it in Book Lust and was intrigued. I loved it and bought a copy that also had the sequel for my library. I have not read the sequel yet, but it is on my list. I hope some teens will give it a chance. It is really adorably entertaining.

Jessica said...

This was one of my favorite books as a tween! I loved the letters she wrote and the mystery of "Daddy Long Legs." I hadn't thought about this book in years...(sigh) I might have to go back and reread it now!