Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: About Me

 This week's topic is posts about me. I haven't done one of these in a while...


Here's a post from 8 years ago (if you want to compare answers)

Blogging:
1. I've been blogging here for almost 8 years.
2. Before that, I blogged on Myspace (remember that?)
3. I always think that I'll get ahead of blogging
4. But I almost always write the blog post for the day
5. For one year of my blog, I haven't been a librarian, but the rest of them I'm a librarian blogger, which leaves me on the fringes of the YA blogging community.

Personal:
1. I started a new job as a Children's and Teen Librarian this year and I"m excited to start planning Children's programs for the first time in my career.
2. At least half the books I've read this year, I haven't reviewed on my blog (no space/time)
3. I Love meeting authors (who doesn't?)
4. I'm still writing and one day soon hope to find an agent
5. Last year I opened an Etsy shop filled with mostly jewelry (a few bookish items)

And here are today's answers.

Blogging:
1. I've been blogging for 16 years
2. I did have a lot of posts scheduled for blogging over the summer, but I've caught up on that. I really do love that feeling.
3. I joined TikTok and create book review videos over there.
4. I try to create bookstagram posts, but not many people see them.
5. Still a librarian blogger

Personal:
1. Still a Children's and Teen Librarian - at the same library.  And it's still a great job that I love. I have a lot of favorite families that come into the library.
2. I read less books these days
3. I don't meet any authors these days because I travel less
4. Still Writing - still no agent
5. Working on reorganizing my craft room so I can function better and craft more. I no longer have an Etsy Shop. 

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Congratulations on your new job! How exciting.

Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

Theaterwriter said...

Great post! Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/08/27/top-ten-tuesday-posts-about-me/

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! said...

Several years ago I had an etsy shop. While I enjoyed it, it felt so draining having to hustle so much to drive traffic to the site. After a while I wasn't enjoying it, so I stopped. But now I'm stuck with product that I've created and no idea what to do with it.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/who-am-i-ten-books-that-offer-insight/