Thursday, August 22, 2024

Review: Bibsy Cross and the Bad Apple

 


Bibsy is in third grade and she's having a tough time. She always wants to share. Her teacher moves apples in the tree lower and lower if a child misbehaves. Bibsy's apple get quite low most days. So far, she's never gotten a hole punched in her apple. Everyone knows that means your rotten.  But one day, that hole punch comes out. And she feels horrible.
My Thoughts: I felt so bad for Bibsy. Yes, she likes to share information and her knowledge with everyone. And I can see how that would be annoying. I'm glad she finds her voice at the end of the story. I did enjoy the way apples were woven into the science fair experiment. It was clever. A fun back to school chapter books.

Cover Thoughts: Cute - fits in perfectly with the story. 
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Recommended for your school and public library collection.

It's nice to see a back-to-school chapter book, we often see pictures books about going back to school, but older students have a hard time adjusting to new classrooms and new teachers too. 

No comments: