Monday, January 10, 2022

Middle Grade Review: Batch Made in Heaven

 


Mina can't wait for the school's mentorship program to start -especially once she lands her dream internship at the local bakery. She can't wait to show off her baking skills and help create recipes. But before she arrives, she exchanges words with the baker's son.

Ben made it clear he does not want her at his family store. They don't need her help. And he might do everything in his power to get her to quit, Mina can't believe it. She's even more upset when she realizes the owner doesn't know anything about the program. He didn't choose her, his assistant did. 

They need help on social media - not baking. But Mina catches a strange vibe from the store. She's not sure, what's happening behind closed doors, but she's hoping to make a difference.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I liked how Mina and Ben found their footing and began to understand each other. I loved the baking moments - those were mouthwatering and made me want to get into the kitchen to bake. I also loved the friendship moments - and honest conversations. There were a lot of honest conversations that needed to be had. And they were really well done. I liked the mention of pressure, especially on younger folk. It sparked the connection between allowed to be a kid and forced to grow up quickly. Another fantastic read from Suzanne Nelson

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your school and public library.

No comments: