Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Christmas in July: Animal Christmas Books

 

It's Christmas in July here at YA Book Nerd.

Because of the pandemic, last year's Christmas book order at the library took longer to come in.  So I didn't get the chance to take them home and read them first like usual. And thus didn't get my picture book Christmas fix. But now I've gotten a chance to read them and wanted to share some of my favorites. Stay tuned all month long for new to me picture books.

 


Fletcher is scared that Santa won't find the rabbit's new home, so he takes matters into his own hands.

A cute animal story about friendship, sharing, and solving problems. The art work is gorgeous and I loved the tree at the end of the book.

Is there anything better than Christmas? What about Love? 

I loved this story about a bear family going through the Christmas traditions and remember all the things they love. Great illustrations too.


Samantha Duck wants to celebrate Christmas, so she starts getting ready. But animals don't celebrate...or do they?

A lovely tale about gift giving, friendship, and problem solving. 


Something is happening at the farm and the animals are all in a tizzy to figure out what it could be. 

The holidays are a magical time. This tale takes something old and makes something new that can be shared with many.  The photographs are lovely. And I love that this is based on a true story from Vermont.

No comments: