Thursday, July 8, 2021

Review: Pride and Premeditation

 


There's nothing Lizzie desires more than to become a barrister in her father's law office. He's not sure that hiring her is the right move. It doesn't matter that she can do the work (and better than some of his current employees). He's not sure because of the optics. But maybe if Lizzie proves herself, he will allow it.

When Lizzie hears the news, she's not thrilled, but determined to make a good impression. When gossip reaches her ear about a gentleman accused of murder, she pretends to be his sister to gain access to him in prison. She hears his story. Charles Bingley, however, already has a barrister. 

But Mr. Darcy isn't interested in discovering the truth about the murder - he's more interested in keeping his client and friend out of jail. Lizzie wants to uncover the truth about that night, but in poking her nose into other people's lives, she places a target on her back.
My Thoughts: A Pride and Prejudice murder mystery? Sold! I really loved this book and I'm so happy there are two more coming in the series. I'm a sucker for a good Jane Austen adaptation and this one is really unique. I love the barrister angle. I love how Lizzie meets Bingley, Darcy, and the Bingley sisters. Charlotte is great and thoughtful. I loved the banter between Darcy and Lizzie. I loved Lizzie's ambitions, her moments with her sisters, and the way her mind works. I can't wait for book 2 (out next April). 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A great historical mystery for your school and public library.

1 comment:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I really loved this one too. I can't wait for the next two books in the series to be released. Natalie @ Literary Rambles