Monday, July 19, 2021

Review: The Key to You and Me

 


Piper Kitts is happy to be spending the summer at her grandmother's house. First, she gets to spend the summer working with horses from an Olympian. Second, she gets to put distance between herself and her ex-girlfriend. She has no desire to see Judith with her new boyfriend. 

What she doesn't count on is being forced to learn how to drive. But she's slowly managing it - with the help from Kat. Her grandmother hired Kat to drive her to work but also to teach her the ropes of driving. It's a condition on her being their for the summer.

At first, Piper is happy because Kat is cute and she takes a good picture for social media. Kat has no idea why Piper is taking and posting her picture all the time. 

Kat's been wondering if she's into girls. Could Piper help her figure things out?
My Thoughts: I really loved this book. I had a feeling when I first heard about it on Twitter. Because yes, I'm a horse lover. I never grew out of that phase. I loved Piper for dreaming big, following her heart, and putting in the work. I loved Kat for figuring out her. I love Kat's family and how they were so close. I love Piper's Grandmother for wanting to give her the best but also wanting to make her earn it. I loved the flirty moments and the romance - all the questions and what-ifs. This a fantastic summer read.

Honestly, I wanted more. I want to know where the story goes next. Maybe there's a sequel/companion novel in the works. That's my hope.

Cover Thoughts: Super Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: An excellent addition to your public libraries! Highly recommended. 

No comments: