Monday, February 1, 2021

Graphic Novel Review: Jo

 



 A modern adaptation of Little Women with Jo in middle school. She writes a blog about her life in 8th grade and is on the school newspaper team.
My Thoughts: I'm really excited about all these Little Women adaptations. I love this story. It's fun seeing the March family in modern times. I love how the sister remain the same and still have their interests. Jo is still writing, Meg tutors, Beth loves music, and Amy's passionate about art. I liked Laurie and how he and Jo became friends. I enjoyed the slight romance in this book. A great adaptation!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A great purchase for school and public libraries - yes it's an adaptation, but it's also a fun read about the drama of middle school. 

No comments: