Monday, September 30, 2019

Review: The Wallflower Wager

The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
* Book 3 in the Girl Meets Duke series *
Penny never turned away a creature in need - even if that creature happens to be the Duke who just moved in next door. She met him a the most scandalous way possible, but that wasn't her fault. Not really.

The Duke of Ruin can't believe his good fortune that a lady lives next door. That will seriously improve the market for the house that he recently acquired and is fixing up to sell.

He doesn't count on the number of animals she houses and cares for. He doesn't count on her aunt giving her an ultimatum. He certainly doesn't count on kissing her. But once he starts, he finds it hard to stop.
My Thoughts: I really love this series. This book is a forking delight. I loved the banter between Penny and Gabriel. I loved the animals and how they wormed their way into your heart - like the hilarious parrot. This book made me laugh, made me smile, and it made me happy for us wallflowers alike. I hated Penny's secret, but I loved the way she handled it. I love the group of friends and their husbands. Really looking forward to the next book in the series. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I like the color scheme
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have series for your historical romance collection

No comments: