Thursday, September 12, 2019

Review: There's Something About Sweetie

There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)
* Book 2 in the Dimple and Rishi series *  
Ashish Patel has lost his swagger. His girlfriend broke up with him and is now dating someone else. He feels lost. When his parents state they can find him a nice Indian girl like they found his brother Rishi, Ashish doesn't believe he has anything left to lose.

Enter Sweetie. She's from a great family, is kind, and respectful. His mother seeks out Sweetie and her mother at the market. But when she brings up the idea of Sweetie dating her son, Sweetie's mother rejects the idea. Sweetie is fat and fat girls don't date boys who look like Ashish.

Sweetie's used to her mother's insults, but that doesn't make them right. She sets out to prove to her mother (and herself) that being fat doesn't have anything to do with being Fabulous.

They begin to date. The more time they spend together Ashish starts to think that...there's something about Sweetie.
My Thoughts: I adored this book. I loved Sweetie - for her big heart, her kindness, and her Sassy Sweetie project. I loved how she challenged Ashish to a race and how that turned out. I love her acceptance of her body and knowing her body didn't change her. I loved her moment in the spotlight singing. I loved her insightfulness, her banter, her determination, her strength. I love how she and Ashish brought out the best in each other. I really liked the dating contract and the type of dates the pair could go on. I like that Ashish lost his swagger - in dating and on the basketball court. I enjoyed his change after dating Sweetie. I loved his parents, especially his mother. I loved both sets of friends, especially Oliver and Elijah and their love story.  Of course I loved seeing Dimple and Rishi again. I can't wait for Pinky's story!

Cover Thoughts: Perfect, the model captures Sweetie
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have diverse, body positive swoony romance book for your school and public library.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This book is on my TBR list! I'm happy to read you loved it! :)