Friday, September 27, 2019

Review: One Summer in Paris

One Summer in Paris
For their 25th wedding anniversary, Grace made reservations for a trip to Paris. But her husband surprises her when he asks her for a divorce instead. Grace's devastated, but decides to take the time in Paris for herself.

While walking near Notre Dame, Grace has her bag stolen. Everything, including her passport, is in there. Luckily, a young girl chases down the thief and recovers her items.

Grace can't begin to thank Audrey enough. Audrey's a teen from London who needed a break from her family. She traveled to Paris with no money, unable to speak the language, and a job lined up.

Once they meet, everything changes for both of them. Their opposite ways rub off on each other as they become fast friends. They support each other and teach other. Together, they're having one wonderful summer in Paris.
My Thoughts: I really liked this book. I felt terrible for Grace and her husband betrayal. I loved that she went to Paris anyways. This book made me want to visit Paris myself and stroll down the streets, drink hot chocolate in cafes, wander through the museums, and eat chocolate croissants. I loved the friendship between Audrey and Grace and how they both needed someone. I loved that they taught each other new things. I loved Audrey's romance, the moments in the bookstore, and Grace's grandmother. I know the ending seems realistic, but I wasn't a huge fan. 

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Sarah Morgan's books always circulate at my library. Grab this one for your travel book readers, your romance readers, and your summer book readers.

No comments: