Friday, April 6, 2018

Romance Review: Duchess Deal

* First in a new series *

The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)Emma storms the Duke's home wanting to be paid for the hideous dress she made his ex-fiancé. She deserves to be paid for her time and the payment is the only thing that will keep the roof over her head.

The Duke's former fiancé left him due to the scars he endured during the war. He revolted her. But this time he has a plan, a plan for Emma. He needs an heir and a willing bride.

Emma can't believe the Duke made her an offer of marriage - even if it does have conditions. Emma knows that she's nobody's idea of a duchess, but she has a few conditions of her own. She doesn't want a fake marriage; she wants something more.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this  book - it made me chuckle more than a few times. I loved Emma and her no nonsense ways. I loved that she didn't back down from the Duke. I loved her pet names for the Duke and how they made him react. I loved Breeches. . Of course I loved the She was warned, but nevertheless, she persisted line. I loved how she was seamstress and wanted to help her customer from reliving her previous fate. She was strong, determined, and smart. I loved the Duke - and his monster walks and how he helped others. I like how he visited Emma's father. I adored his sidekick. I loved Emma's friends and their quirks. I hope the other books are about them finding their happily ever after. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: From my Library
Fun Fact: I thought this was a Beauty and the Beast story, but I read on a blog that it was based on Deadpool.
Library Recommendation: Recommended for public library romance sections

No comments: