Friday, April 13, 2018

Review: Wedding Date

The Wedding Date
Alexa meets Drew in an elevator at a hotel - that shuts power when the power goes off. They start chatting. She's there to meet her sister and celebrate a milestone achievement. He's there to attend the wedding of his ex-girlfriend and good friend. In a moment of craziness, he acts her to be his date and fake girlfriend to the wedding. And she says yes. They have a great weekend together, but all to soon he's leaving. Could this weekend be the start of something much more?
My Thoughts: I've been waiting for ages to read this book - it had a bunch of holds on it at the library. I kept hearing so much buzz about it. And the buzz wasn't wrong - it was delightful. I loved the meet cute. I loved that Alexa was smart, strong, and spoke her mind. I love how she didn't hide talking about being Black and how she called Drew out on his privileged life. I loved the moments between the sisters - even though they were difficult at times. I loved that both Drew and Alexa were so passionate about their jobs. I really liked Carlos. Of course I enjoyed the pop culture references - especially Anne of Green Gables. I love how they ate all the time - it made me hungry! For a debut novel, Jasmine Guillory knocked it out of the park; I can't wait for her next book which also looks amazing.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have for public libraries

No comments: