Saturday, September 23, 2017

Cozy Review: Crime of Passion Fruit

* Book 6 in the Bakeshop Mystery series *
Carlos calls Jules asking her to fill in for a few weeks aboard the ship in between pastry chefs. At first, she says no, but then Carlos offers her mother and the professor a free vacation. After scrambling to make sure everything's covered at Torte, the three of them leave for a vacation.

Jules enjoys returning to the ship, although not the long days. Her staff's amazing and they whip some thousands of desserts. Early one morning on a walk about the deck, Jules spots a body in the pool. It's the same woman she's been seeing in odd places all over the ship. The professor takes on the case, asking questions about the ship and seeing what Jules might be able to overhear.

With more people acting suspiciously, Jules isn't sure what to make of the crew. They certainly have their secrets. Could one of them committed murder?
My Thoughts: I really love this series - it makes my mouth water and it makes me want to whip up a delicious sweet. I loved seeing Jules on the ship for the first time. It helped me understand more about her former life. I liked learning more about the ship and the way things work. I loved being in the kitchen with the chefs. I loved the personal moments with Jules and her mother and the professor. I enjoyed seeing more of Carlos. While I enjoyed the variation on the setting, I'm eager to get back to Torte. I can't wait for the next book in the series out in January. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A winner of a series perfect for public libraries, especially those who gobble up foodie books. 

No comments: