Friday, September 29, 2017

Review: All About Mia

Even though Mia wears a t-shirt that says it's all about her, it rarely is. Even when her perfect sister messes up big time, everything turns out rosy. Mia just can't catch a break.

So she lives life her way - messy. And unapologetic until she gets into real trouble. What happens when everything you touch becomes ruined?
My Thoughts:  This was hailed as a YA Bridget Jones - which meant I had to read it. I was so excited to get it at BEA. I really enjoyed this read, although I wanted to shake Mia at points (like her parents and tell her to grow up.) But I also think that's my adult viewpoint. I think it would be different reading it during your teen years. I liked Mia's family and how they interacted. I loved her relationship with her friends. Mia's super outgoing, which sometimes got her into trouble, but I also admired. Plus, it's set in England!

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: BEA Arc
Library Recommendation: This one might be hard for public schools as there is drinking and sex, but it's otherwise a great read. Get this for your public libraries.

No comments: