Friday, October 7, 2016

Adult Review: A Scot in the Dark

 * Book 2 in the Scandal and Scoundrel series *
Lovely Lily shines brighter than any woman, but she's also lonely. Her guardian never sees her, in truth he doesn't even know of her existence. With no family or friends, she's desperate for someone to notice her. So when the artists turns her head, she believes herself in love with him - which is why she sits for a nude painting. She believes him when he says the painting is just for him.

But he betrays her.

And she hears about it in front of the whole ton, causing a huge scandal.

Now her guardian hears about her for the first time and he comes to London to help. But he makes everything worse and sometimes better. He comes up with a plan to weather the storm ahead, but she vows she will only marry for love. But she doesn't have much time to fall in love...
My Thoughts: I adored this book! I loved how Lily's life lead her to this point and how at first she was ashamed of her behavior, but how eventually she came to own it. I love the beauty and the beast trope. I loved Lily falling into friendship with the Talbot sisters. I loved learning more about the reluctant Duke and his past and how he didn't fit into society. I love his Scottish pride and how he wears kilts, showing off his legs. I loved the banter between the Lily and the Duke.  She held her ground remarkably well. I love seeing characters from other books/series appear. I can't wait for book 3! 

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: Gifted
Final Thoughts: Any Sarah MacLean book should be in the public library romance section; her books are amazingly good.

No comments: