Monday, October 3, 2016

8 years on the blog!

8 years ago, I began this blog after blogging at Myspace (yes really) for a few years. So to celebrate, I'm sharing 8 Thoughts on blogging and books and a cute puppy picture (tomorrow I'll have some funny blooper pictures)


1. I will never have enough time to read ALL the books
2. Which means I don't have time (or desire) to finish books I don't enjoy
3. Which means I don't usually have negative views, sometimes there is a negative point or in the review, but I write positive reviews.
4. Which doesn't provide for tons of discussion in comments, but that's not why I started blogging.
5. I started blogging to share my thoughts about what I've been reading and to talk about books. And I think I've done that.
6. Every now and then, I wonder if I'm reaching people and if I should stop blogging
7. But I'm blogging for myself, I'm still reading so I'm still sharing
8. Therefore blogging is super personal but sometimes feels like a chore, so I take a weekend off every now and then to regroup. I'm rarely ahead in blogging, most of the time writing up the blog post for the day before work. But every now and I get ahead and it's lovely. But it doesn't last.

I hope you enjoy reading the blog as much as I enjoying writing it. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

fredamans said...

Happy blogoversary!

Jessica said...

Happy 8th Blogoversary!!!!!!!! Here's to many more blogging years! :)