Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tween Tuesday Review: My Secret Guide to Paris

Nora and her grandmother plan to travel to Paris together. Nora longs to see all the places her grandmother loves in Paris. She can't wait to see the city. Before they leave, Nora's grandmother dies, leaving a huge hole in Nora's heart.

When Nora helps her mother clean out her grandmother's apartment, she finds plane tickets to Paris for herself, her mother, and her grandmother.  lately her mother and her grandmother haven't been speaking.

Nora convinces her mother to take the trip to Paris, right before Nora's birthday. Her grandmother planned a surprise scavenger hunt across the city. Nora can't wait to start on it, but when she finally gets time to unravel the clues, she learns that her mother must be with her. How can Nora convince her mother to go on the hunt?

My Thoughts: I really loved this tween novel that made me want to hop on a plane and go to Paris. I loved learning more about the city, especially the amazing food and shops.

My heart broke for Nora when she lost her grandmother. It's never easy losing someone super close to you. I loved how they had their monthly get togethers. 

I really loved the scavenger hunt and how both Nora and her mother had to be together for it to work out properly. I Loved the ending of this book - so perfect. 

Final Thoughts: This book made me both long for Paris and it made me miss my Grandmother something fierce! A sweet story about grief, loss, and family relationships. Put this one on your list!

1 comment:

YA Sleuth said...

This sounds like a great book! Another one for my TBR pile... I love Paris too.