Thursday, January 19, 2023

TV Review: Truth Be Told

 


We came across TRUTH BE TOLD - which has two seasons out on Apple + TV.

I hadn't heard of it. I'm a fan of Octavia Spencer. I was also curious about the second season which features Kate Hudson, so we started the first season.


It's about a woman, Poppy, who's articles helped put away a 17-year-old boy for murder. She's questioning his guilt now. The articles on the murder helped make her career - but was she right. There are lots of holes in the stories of everyone involved that night. As Poppy begins to dig into her investigation for her podcast, secrets start coming forth...

This was a great show. I felt for the first half, I knew what was going on. And then the plot twists started coming. I kept trying to figure it all out. The characters were not likable - I didn't really root for any of them, but they were intriguing.  And I needed to know what happened. 

I'm eagerly awaiting the next season. 

If you like Only Murders in the Building, don't miss this one! 

No comments: