Friday, July 29, 2022

Graphic Novel Review: Batter Royale

 



Rose dreams of becoming a pastry chef. She's thrilled when she's accepted into the culinary school of dreams. But her parents warn her they might not be able to afford it. 

The restaurant she works at might be in trouble, but a food critic arrives. This could make or break the restaurant. Rose whips up a dessert that the critic loves. The critic offers her a spot on the Batter Royale baking show in London.

Rose and her best friend enter the competition. But while they expected baking, they did not expect traps and kidnapping and sabotage. If Rose and Fred win, they could solve all their problems. But it's going to take both of them - together.
My Thoughts: This graphic novel pulled me out of a reading slump. I loved the baking recipes added into the book. I loved reading about baking and competition. There were so many twists with the cooking challenges - which were fun to read but would be over the top in a real show. I loved the teamwork between Fred and Rose and how they went from friends to something more. I loved how Rose wanted to help other competitors. A fantastic story that I couldn't put down.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: my library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your graphic novel collection

No comments: