Monday, July 18, 2022

Christmas Review: Christmas Dress



Meg leaves the fashion world of New York and her demanding job to manage her late father's apartment building in Chicago. She hasn't visited in a while and isn't prepared for the state of the building. Everything is falling apart and held together with duct tape and bubblegum. 

To make matters worse, she keeps embarrassing herself in front of the very cute handyman. just when she thinks she'll be having the worst holiday season of her life, she makes a friend. Ellie, who lives in the building, shows off a dress from a night she'd rather forget. 

But the dress is spectacular. Meg's fashionista dreams come rushing back. Could this dress be the answer to everything?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I liked the two stories (Meg and Ellie). I laughed at all the apartment building catastrophes. I loved getting to know the people in the apartment building and their stories. I enjoyed the fashion world and the dress making. I found the romance between her ex-boyfriend and her best friend interesting. And of course I enjoyed the romances. An enjoyable read filled with quirky characters, dreams, and finding yourself. 

Cover Thoughts: Gorgeous
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your public library's collection. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds really good! :)