Thursday, May 5, 2022

Review: Pizza My Heart

 


Maya's not happy that her family is moving from New York City to Pennsylvania. She hates leaving her best friend behind. Maya can't believe it when her parents say she can't join the art club which means one afternoon a week.

Instead, she's forced to help out at the store making deliveries on her bike daily. Maya can't believe she has to give up her dreams for her parents' dreams. She's so frustrated but talking to her parents doesn't help. 

She's determined to find a way to join the art club and enter the art competition. Her new friend Devin might be able to help her. But her new frenemy Justin might ruin everything. Can Maya find a way to help her family and compete in the art show?
My Thoughts: This was a really fun novel which of course made me crave pizza. I loved the art moments in the book where different characters worked on different projects with various mediums. I really liked seeing Maya's piece come together. I felt badly for Maya and all the upheaval in her life, but I liked the way everything turned out.

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for school and public libraries. 

No comments: