Thursday, February 24, 2022

Review: Made in Manhattan

 


Violet is a snob and a people pleaser. When her honorary grandmother asks her to help out, deep down she knows she will. Even if the task is helping Edith's newly discovered grandson become one of society's elite. 

Cain isn't interested in a make-over. He's not even sure he wants to fun the family company. But he's not running for the hills either. Cain is willing to take things step by step while giving Violet a hard time.

Violet's not one to back down from a challenge. But the more time she spends with Cain, the more she begins to realize that she likes him...just the way he is.
My Thoughts: I loved this reverse My Fair Lady story. I really liked how both characters made each other better and expanded each other's views. Two names I'm forgetting - the dog and Violet's best friend. I loved Cain's interaction with the dog. I loved Violet's best friend prodding Violet to go outside her comfort zone. I loved the banter between Cain and Violet. Cain was so grumpy through most of the book that he reminded me of Roy Kent from Ted Lasso. Another great read from Lauren Layne.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Highly Recommended for your public library's romance collection.

A mood board I made for the book after reading:

No comments: