Monday, August 16, 2021

Review: Tokyo Ever After

 


Izumi's never felt like she fits in. She's a Japanese American living in a small predominately white town. She doesn't know her father's identity. But she discovers a clue in her mother's bedroom.

Before she knows what's happening, she learns her father is a crown prince of Japan. Suddenly her life has been turned upside down. She's traveling to Japan to learn more about him and her new family. 

But it's not easy. In fact, she's floundering. One moment the press loves her, the next she messes everything up. It doesn't help that her cousins love feeding her to the sharks.

Can she find her footing or is she in way over her head?
My Thoughts: Think Princess Diaries crossed with What a Girl Wants. Seriously I needed this to read this book. I loved it. I loved watching Izumi become a member of the royal family. She struggles - greatly at times and soars at other times. I loved watching her get to know her family. I loved learning more about Japan. I love her moments with her bodyguard - the brooding Akio. I loved their banter. I also loved the moments between the Crown Prince and Izumi. As well as the moments between Izumi's parents - especially orchids. I would love to read more of Izumi and her story - and luckily there is more coming!

Cover Thoughts: So amazing! I love the details
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your public and school libraries. 

No comments: