Monday, August 9, 2021

Review: Simone Breaks All the Rules

 


Simone's mom keeps her close - too close for Simone's liking. Simone can't wait to leave for college - but her mom's set on having her commute from home. When Simone's parents attempt to hijack her prom by forcing her to go with an approved boy - Simone knows she has to do something drastic.

Luckily, she realizes she's not the only girl in her class with this problem. Two other girls have overprotective parents. Together, they form a list of rules they want to break before the end of their senior year. 

Having friends that understand everything makes things so much better for Simone. She's even coming up with a fake prom plan. Could she get everything she wants without her parents discovering the truth?
My Thoughts: I loved the newly formed friendship between these girls. I love how they supported each other. I love how they came up with rules and followed the list - creating experiences for themselves. The friendship stole the book for me. The romance was cute, but I loved the new friendships more. Wasn't a huge fan of Gabby, so I was happy Simone has people who understood her. I loved the prom - the dresses and fashion. And how everything turned out! 

Excited for the second book in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Love it - know that I understand the significance of the butterfly
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your school and public library.

No comments: