Thursday, August 12, 2021

Book Event: Debbi Michiko Florence

Last weekend, I went to my first book signing in forever. And it was so much fun. Savoy in Westerly Rhode Island hosted Debbi Michiko Florence  and her new book Just be Cool, Jenna Sakai. 

Savoy (picture taken from their website)


Debbi read from the book and answered some questions. 


Jenna's story is the companion novel to Keiko's story. (Read my review here)


I love how the covers match. These colors really are amazing. 

About Jenna's Story:
Debbi did ask for the hair color streak to be wider in Jenna's picture. Otherwise, the cover was perfect.

Of course we talked about the awesome diner and milkshakes. I loved the story of how the diner changed over time in the book and the inspiration behind those changes. 

Just thinking about the story's milkshakes makes me hungry again.

I had the good fortune to read Jenna early and I loved it. Check out my review here

And I created an If You Like picture:

Pictures from the event:

Of course, they had drinks to go along with the launch.

And a prize wheel to spin


I won a pair of chopsticks with pink flowers on them. 

And because I loved these books so much, I talked about them when I guest starred on my Librarian Friends' podcast:
You can listen to the episode here.

All in all, it was a Great Event! And I'm so happy I was able to attend.

2 comments:

Debbi Michiko Florence said...

YAY! Thank you so much for being there! I was thrilled to get to meet you. What fun to be able to celebrate a launch in person!

YA Sleuth said...

Looks like it was really fun! I love Debbi's books.