Monday, December 14, 2020

Review: Three Keys



Mia is back and even though her life is better- it's still hard. While the hotel belongs to them now, business is up and then down. Not all the investors are happy. Some might want their money back. Sixth grade isn't like fifth grade. Mia's teacher isn't a kindred spirit; she's a stickler for rules. 

Several of the kids in Mia's class are worried about the immigration law that's proposed. If it passes, it will change everything. The more Mia talks to people, the more she learns about racism and the unfairness of the world. Can she smooth the road for herself, her family, and her friends? She's not sure, but she's going to try.

My Thoughts: I was so happy to spend more time with the characters from The Front Desk. I loved this sequel. It tackled really important issues that worry kids and adults alike. I had a hard time reading it, but at the same time, I couldn't put the book down. Mia is smart, determined, and brave. You can't help but root for her.

Cover Thoughts: Great

Source: My library

Library Recommendation: A must have book for your school and public libraries.

1 comment:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I recently read both books in this series and loved them both. I loved the characters and learning more about that time period in California and how it affected immigrants.