Friday, June 1, 2018

Movie Review: Little Women

While technically not a movie, I was so happy to hear about the remaking of Little Women. I loved the book, enjoyed the 1994 movie, and have visited Orchard House with my parents when I was in high school.


My Thoughts:
I loved it - and it was so sad. I cried through the last 45 minutes of it. So much emotion.

I thought they did an excellent job with:
* The costumes
* The set design
* The sisterly bond
* The cast was excellent, I had a hard time choosing my favorite.

I wish they included the time in the garret with the four sisters - either with the Pickwick Papers or the plays they used to act out.

There were some differences between the book and the mini series.
It seems like Amy was older in the mini series. She's the worst sister, but the actress played her beautifully.

PBS had a wonderful site for additional information.

I enjoyed looking at the On Set Secrets

I didn't realize the actress who plays Jo March was Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman's daughter. And that this is her first movie role. She was wonderful and I look forward to seeing her in more roles.

Did you watch the mini series? What did you think?
It said Season 1 on my DVR, could it be possible they will create Little Men and Jo's Boys too?

No comments: