Saturday, February 18, 2017

Cozy Review: Fudge and Jury

 * Book 5 in the Bakeshop Mystery series *
Jules and her mother have projects in the work: a new remodeling, new ovens for the bakeshop, a possible expansion for the bakeshop, and a chocolate festival to prepare for. Jules has the schedule down, but it's going to take a lot of work, but everything will be worth it. They're hoping to make a big splash for Torte at the chocolate festival; some very big names will be there.

One of the biggest names in the chocolate world dies after eating Jules's treat. He was severely allergic to nuts, but there were no nuts in her chocolate. Could it have been murder? Evan wasn't the nicest guy, but his last words hint at a deadly demise. Will his death stop the chocolate festival or can Jules help solve his murder?
My Thoughts: I really adore this series. I love the forward movement with the bakeshop and all the improvements going into the shop. If I lived in this town, I would frequent this bakeshop, everything sounds so amazing! I loved the Chocolate Festival, although reading about all the prep work made me crave chocolate something fierce! I loved the creating (baking and decorating) of the treats in this book. It did make me want to make something delicious. I liked learning about the other vendors at the chocolate festival and their products. I did guess the culprit and the weapon earlier than the main character. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next for Jules and for Torte. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: my Library

No comments: