Monday, April 28, 2014

Review: Rebel Belle

Harper Price's life changed the night she forgot to wear lip gloss. Just before she's sure of her Homecoming Queen status, she borrows her friend's gloss and heads for the bathroom. The janitor follows her into the bathroom and locks the door. He's been badly injured and someone is after him. The moment before he dies, he gives Harper a gift.

A gift that she doesn't want.  Her math teacher enters the bathroom wielding a sword. After an intense fight, where Harper showcases moves she never knew she had in her, she uses her show to kill him.

Harper Price, Southern Belle can now add protector to her resume. After this night, things start getting really strange as she tries to help her nemesis, keeps secrets from her BFF, and attempts to find time to get everything done. There's something brewing out there, something that Harper needs to stop. Can Harper Price remain perfect - or will she have to give something up.
My Thoughts: Heart of Dixie crossed with Buffy (minus the vampires). I LOVED this book from the first sentence to the final twist at the end. I love Harper and her perfectionist attitude. She's strong, funny, and wants to succeed. I love the action and the danger. I love how Harper trains and tries to uncover the evil plots. I love the banter between her and David. But I also love the normal teen angst stuff: trying to figure out your relationship, trying to create a resume that looks great on college applications, and trying to be normal. A fantastic book that I didn't want to put down.

Cover Thoughts: Love
Source: My Library

1 comment:

ANJA said...

Everyone seems to have loved this book so I am dying to get my hands on it!