Monday, April 21, 2014

Review: Hung Up

Lucy called James twice- leaving a voicemail each time. He called back to let her know that his number wasn't the company she's been trying to reach.

When they realize they're both in high school, they start talking about school, midterms, and where they live. Afterwards, James calls Lucy to let her know how to track down the company she was trying to reach. James tries to text Lucy, but she refuses to text. Instead, they end up talking about camping, skirts, James's ex girlfriend, and essays.

James pushes Lucy to share details with him, but she has a hard time trusting people. Still, she keeps answering his calls. Could a wrong number lead to something much more?
My Thoughts: I heard about this book from Anna Reads - and thought it sounded cute - a little like This is What Happy Looks Like. I love that the book's all in conversation - voicemails, phone calls, a couple texts. A fast book to read, but very entertaining. I like the banter between the two of them. I also like how things get deeper - how they start talking about things more meaningful. An enjoyable read that's great for reluctant readers or any reader looking for a quick fun book to pick up.

Cover Thoughts: Not a fan. This isn't how I pictured Lucy or James.
Source: My Library

No comments: