Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Murder of a Small-Town Honey

 * First in a Series *

Skye's not thrilled to be back in her hometown, but it's the best she can do under the circumstances. After bring fired from her job and dumped by her fiance, she's lucky to get the job as the psychologist for all the local schools.

Not everyone's happy to see her, especially those who remember her graduation speech where she called the town and it's people small minded. As she's trying to acclimate herself back into the community, she agrees to help her honorary uncle at the local parade - where she discovers a body.

The woman turns out to have ties in the area - including ties to her honorary uncle, her new boss, her new co-worker, and her brother.  When her brother becomes the main suspect in the murder investigation, Sky'es mom asks her to dig up some answers.
My Thoughts: I'm new to this series, but I really enjoyed it. Skye's job varies from the usual cozy mysteries I read and I really liked it. I liked reading about the trials of her new job. I'm looking forward to uncovering more about her past in the next few books.  I liked Skye's trials with her parents and her struggle to fit back into small town life.  The ins and outs of small town life are fascinating and entertaining, but it sure makes it hard to keep a secret when everyone knows everything about everyone.

Cover Thoughts: I like how it ties together key elements of the book
Source: My Library

No comments: