Sunday, March 9, 2014

Adult Review: Breakfast at Darcy's

Darcy's Aunt Molly died leaving her a choice. In her will, she left Holly an island - where she has to live for a year with 15 other people. Only after the year is complete will she earn the rest of the inheritance.

Her aunt wants Darcy to recapture the magic from her childhood. Darcy feels terrible that she neglected her aunt the past couple years. So she decided to throw caution to the wind.

With the help of her lawyer and handyman, she advertises the island getaway to gain people. With an odd assortment of people, Darcy begins her year, but will she make it through? 
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I liked Darcy and her attitude and how she lived up to the challenges. I liked her lawyer who was kind and eventually a little bit funny. I enjoyed the description of the island - the beauty of it and while I might go there for a vacation, I'm not sure I could live there. I really liked Dermot and his gruffness, but also his sweet side.  His daughter was a breath of fresh air too as well as the puppies. Another great read from this author - so looking forward to more of her books.

Cover Thoughts: DOESN'T match the book at all. I thought this was a winter romance based on the cover, which is adorable.
Source: Purchased

No comments: