Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tween Tuesday Review: Wednesdays In the Tower

 * sequel to Tuesdays at the Castle*

On a Wednesday, Princess Celie finds a tower. It's unusual because it's Wednesday and new rooms appear in the castle on Tuesdays. Plus there's an egg in the tower - a large egg.

Celie secretly cares for the egg. When it hatches, she's surprised to find a Griffin starring at her. Celie wants to share her news, but it seems the castle doesn't want anyone to know about the Griffin.

Celie attempts to take care of it, on her own - feeding it, scolding it when it chews her sister's shoes, and playing with it. Her wizard brother uncovers her secret and helps her hide the truth. The Castle also helps her, creating a new tower for Rufus's room.

The Castle's in trouble - something's wrong with it. Celie wonders if it has something to do with Rufus. She's trying to learn all about griffins and the history of the Castle. Can she help the Castle before it's too late?
My Thoughts: I love the Castle- it's a character in these books. I love how new rooms appear and Celie creates a map showing all these rooms. I hate that the Castle is in trouble. I love watching Celie trying to take care of her new pet - and how the Castle didn't want most people to know about Rufus. I loved Rufus - he seemed like an overgrown dog.  He was funny and sweet.  They had a great bond. I loved the flying parts. As the book ends on a cliffhanger - I can't wait to see what happens next!

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library

No comments: