Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tween Tuesday Review: Lawless

M. Freeman knows nothing about her parents' past, but she's about to find out. Her father was a legend at the Lawless School - where she just had an interview.

When she accepts the position, she unknowingly sets pieces into motion. Upon her arrival, she makes a grand entrance. She's different from the other students - she's been trained for this her whole life with homeschooling but she knows nothing about the school history.

Now M has a chance to join the society her father created - the Masters. In order to be accepted, she must plan and pull off a heist. There's only one target she wants to acquire - the takeaway Rembrandt but does she have the skills to make her one of them?

My Thoughts: I'm a sucker for heist books and I'm so happy this is the first of a new series. I love that it combined boarding school with art and heists. I love books that make me look up things (like the Takeaway Rembrandt). I enjoyed the plot twists, not knowing which characters to trust, and the games played at the school. I liked unraveling M's family history along with her and understanding more about the school. Already looking forward to the next book in the series!

Cover Thoughts: I love it! I love how there's a different photo on the back.
Source: My Library
The Takeaway Rembrandt - most stolen painting (4 times)


No comments: