Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mysterious Saturday Review: House Rules

* Book 7 in the Chicagoland Vampire series*


Merit and her house are still dealing with fallout from the powers that be. Ethan and the Cadogan House have decided to part ways and become a house without the Greenwich Presidium overseeing them. The day for the break-up looms and the house prepares for a potential war.

If that's not enough, word comes to Merit that two rogue vampires have gone missing. Upon investigating, the two turn up brutally murdered. The next vampire turns up dead - inside a locked house. Vampires have no end of enemies, but it's virtually impossible to enter a house without knowledge. 

Plus Ethan invited his ex-girlfriend to help smooth over the transition of the house with the Greenwich Presidium. Lacey's made it quite clear to Merit that she wants Ethan back. She's willing to expose Merit's most important secret.  Can Merit and her colleagues uncover the truth behind these murders before it destroys more relationships while trying to keep her relationship with Ethan and save their house from total destruction? 
My Thoughts: I really love this adult vampire series. I love Merit - she's snarky, witty, determined, and loyal. I liked the small interactions Merit had with Mallory. I enjoyed Merit and Lacey going toe to toe. I like how the Cadogan House handles business - even the business of leaving the protection of the Greenwich Presidium. I love the action, the danger, and the romance. I love how the vampires from the houses work together to uncover all the crazy deaths, destruction, and threats against them. A great installment to a fantastic series. 

Cover Thoughts: Dark and a little bit Dangerous.
Source: my Library

No comments: